04 Jun Cherry On Top
Did you know? … these nutrient packed cherries that are sooooo good for your skin are equally great for your hair. Those same essential vitamins and phytonutrients are also great nourishments for your hair. Just another reason to up the cherry quota this season. An all-around win-win for the body. And they taste pretty good too.
- Vitamin A helps with hydrating the hair and scalp due to rich retinoic acid content that hair follicles love.
- Vitamin B helps in to improve blood circulation in scalp to bathe the follicles in oxygen rich nutrients to support hair growth.
- Vitamin C is a key element for hair as it strengthens hair follicles, prevents breakage and stimulates new growth.
- Vitamin E helps in proper blood circulation reducing inflammation and maintaining healthy immunity.
Try our ilike Organic Skin Care Sour Cherry Toner as a leave in nourishing overnight hair treatment.
MORE ON VITAMINS
Not just for the skin and hair, cherries are packed with vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the entire body. And we all should know by now that a proper balance of vitamins are essential to overall health. As we continue through cherry season, here are a few more reasons to incorporate cherries into your diet.
- Vitamin A is regenerative and helps to rebuild tissues to repair skin. Vitamin A is antiaging improving the overall appearance of the skin.
- Vitamin B is essential to boost circulation and keep your skin radiant and healthy.
- Vitamin C is a super antioxidant and collagen stimulating nutrient. Collagen is the support structure within the skin and responsible for keeping the skin smooth and healthy.
- Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin. A potent antioxidant fighting free radicals, improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation damage and stretchmarks.
We like ours in a bowl, but you might also try incorporating them into a delicious smoothie – pop in a blender and go:
Cherry Antioxidant Blast: cherries, grapes, bananas, and coconut water.
Smooth Cherry Bliss: bananas, pears, and frozen cherries
So simple, so good. And so good for you. Be healthy, be happy.